Tec Deep Instructor
If you are thinking about becoming a technical dive instructor then the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor course is designed for you.
It focuses on showing you instructional philosophies for the range of DSAT Tec courses and the goals of each course, as well as practicing your technical dive skills to an instructor level standard. Once you complete your DSAT Tec Deep Instructor course you will be able to teach Discover Tec programs, Tec 40, Tec 45, Tec 50 and the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course. You will learn about the philosophy of each of these courses as well as how to organize and promote them. What special pratical considerations do you need to think about when running a course for your students? This will all be covered during this program. You will also complete Tec Deep instructor theory and standard exams. On completion of the course you will need to assist another instructor on a couple of Tec Deep Diver programs before being authorized to conduct your own.
Prerequisites for enrolling on the Tec Deep Diver Instructor course:
Minimum of PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
PADI Enriched Air Diver Instructor certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization
PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course Instructor certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization
DSAT Tec Deep Diver certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization. If you do not hold this qualification in can be combined with your instructor training.
Have a minimum of 100 logged dives with at least 20 enriched air nitrox dives, at least 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
Approximately 1 week (If completing in conjunction with your Tec Deep diver course then duration is 12 days).
Tec Deep Diver Instructor Course:
– Includes Instructor manual, teaching slates and rental of tanks, gas and weights
– Does not include equipment rental which is $15 to $30 a day depending on what equipment you need.
-If combined with the Tec Deep Diver Program a discount can be applied for both programs.
Equipment required to complete the course includes:
– Primary and secondary regulators, one with two meter/seven foot hose (approx.) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
– Regulator for deco cylinders SPG, mounting hardware. Two per diver will be required
– BCD and harness – with redundant buoyancy control is required e.g. double bladder BCD
– Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
– Timing device and backup timing device
– Decompression information (Table and deco calculator) as well as backup decompression information
– Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration
– Inflatable signal tube
– Lift bag
– Knife/cutting device and backup
This equipment is available for rental at Oceans Unlimited.
This course is available on demand, please enquire for details.