Check out our PADI Divemaster programs
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Here at Go Pro Costa Rica you will be working closely with a PADI Instructor and expanding your dive knowledge and working on your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems. Our Divemaster course here in Costa Rica is very comprehensive and includes many additional workshops and skills to ensure that you become the best dive professional that you can.
Here at Go Pro we have three different options for your Divemaster course. These are the Divemaster program and two specialized options, the ECO Divemaster program which has a greater focus on marine conservation. Partnered with the non-profit Marine Conservation Costa Rica, you have the chance to work alongside and assist on their exciting projects. The second specialized option is the Technical Divemaster program. As the only center to offer technical diving in Costa Rica we have created a unique program catered to those students, looking to get their Divemaster, and also to start working towards technical diving.
If you want to spend additional time working on your Divemaster training then we also offer an internship program. This is where you spend an additional couple of weeks, up to an extra month on your training. The time is dependent on the experience and number of dives that you already have, coming into the program.
What does the Divemaster program involve ?
These can be completed online before you arrive. All of your materials can be downloaded and include a digital Divemaster manual, digital instructor manual, Electronic dive planner and digital dive log. You will need to complete 2 exams and 9 knowledge reviews.
You will need to complete a series of swim stamina tests. In addition you will need to perform and diver rescue, and an equipment exchange.
During your Divemaster training there are a number of workshops you will complete. These include mapping a dive site, a deep dive workshop, search and recovery workshop, Scuba dive skill demonstrations and more. You will have lots of opportunities to practice them all.
This section will be spent shadowing our instructors and divemasters during teaching and guiding. You will learn how to run the boat, brief your divers, and guide underwater.
What else is included with the Divemaster program?
Here at Go Pro Costa Rica, training you to be the best PADI Divemaster you can be is our goal. We have included additional workshops and courses in our programs to help with that. Our Divemaster packages also include the following;
- Free resort operation training – preparing you for your career in the dive industry.
- Two free specialties – these can be chosen from a selection at the shop including deep and search and recovery amongst others.*
- Free self reliant dive training*
- Equipment maintenance workshops
- Visual inspection training*
- Marine conservation module
- Discounted dive equipment packages from the dive center
What do I need to begin my Divemaster?
To begin your PADI Divemaster training you need to fulfill the following requirements;
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a PADI Rescue diver certificate or equivalent – All prerequisite courses can be completed here before you begin. You can complete these additional certifications as well.
- Have at least 40 dives – if you have less, these can be completed before you begin here in Costa Rica
- Have a medical signed off by a doctor stating you are “fit to dive”
To enroll in the Divemaster program here in Costa Rica you will need to also have your basic scuba equipment. This includes mask, fins, snorkel, cutting device, dive computer, compass and safety signaling device. All of these are available at the shop for a student-discounted price. If you want to order your gear ahead of time then you can shop online at our online equipment store and have the equipment waiting for you when you arrive. Online equipment store.
Our Divemaster courses run from November 1st through to the end of September every year. During this time, courses can be started at the beginning of each week.
* Please note that all additional training programs are scheduled and conducted as group workshops. If students have restricted time schedules or are unavailable when programs are running, they may be unable to complete this training. This will not affect their completion of the Divemaster certification.