PADI ECO IDC
Become a PADI Instructor and learn to give back to the ocean
Why a PADI ECO IDC ?
The PADI IDC, otherwise known as the PADI Instructor Development course is your course to become an open water instructor.
Here at Oceans Unlimited and Go Pro Costa Rica, we take our ocean conservation very seriously and to go along with that, we have now created a unique ECO IDC course. The ECO instructor course will add to your scuba instructor program and give your additional tools and skills in order to be able to integrate ocean conservation effectively into your future classes.
What does our PADI ECO IDC teach you?
As well as our standardized 14-day program here in Costa Rica we have created new modules and curriculum to build on your ocean conservation skills. The focus of the PADI IDC is how to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll learn how to organize and present information as well as run skill sessions and open water training dives.
With the ECO instructor course, you will also learn about specific marine conservation courses, and how to teach those to your students.
Many of the tools that you will be shown, can be used in a variety of programs that you will be learning to teach. These include open water programs, advanced and divemaster. It will be up to you once you qualify, how you will use those tools, but there will be plenty of options, to find what works for you.
What is included?
As well as our standard PADI scuba instructor course, there are a variety of workshops and modules that will be included.
- Coral workshop – to include survey techniques and data recording
- Dive against debris workshop to include “how to record and upload data”
- REEF survey recording using REEF platform
- Fish Survey monitoring techniques and workshop
- Workshop on how to integrate conservation modules and techniques into all teaching and diving with students and clients.
- Introduction to our coral restoration project – includes information on how to set up your own restoration or marine conservation project.
What is included with the PADI IDC?
For the PADI IDC Course here in Costa Rica, this is what is included;
- PADI IDC course
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- PADI IDC and EFR instructor materials
- 5 instructor specialties (MSDT prep)
- Internship opportunities
- Free Prep Course – 2 days duration, skills and academics covered
- Free Diving before and during the program.
- Free T-Shirt
- Dive equipment rental- BCD, reg and wetsuit
If you do not not own a full set of scuba gear, or for travel reasons do not want to bring your equipment we include a Regulator, BCD and a wetsuit for you. If you start to teach with us following the program it is recommended that you purchase your own regulator and BCD. We have special discounts in the shop for pro students.
You will need to provide the following for the IDC and the IE here at Go Pro. They are all required by PADI standards.
- Dive computer
- Knife or diving tool
- Surface Market Buoy DSMB and reel
When looking for somewhere to complete your Divemaster course, the words Divemaster internship are very often thrown around. It is quite often seen as a popular option to complete training. In reality though, it may not always be the best option with some students...