Challenging and rewarding best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level. Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is challenging, it is a rewarding way to build your confidence. Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. Many divers say this is the best course they’ve ever taken. This 3 1/2 day program improves your diving skills and has 5 academic modules, plus in water skill training sessions.
Topics and Training:
- Self-rescue and recognizing diver stress
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- In-water rescue breathing protocols
- Exits with conscious / unconscious divers
- Diving first aid
- Dive equipment problems
- Dive accident scenarios dealing with deal with distressed, tired, panicking, unconscious and missing divers.
General course information:
- Duration 3 1/2 days (or take the PADI eLearning option to save more of your vacation time for fun!)
- Includes PADI rescue diver manual and work slate
- Course price includes full scuba equipment rental
- Prerequisites: PADI Adventure or Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization), 15 years old, Current Primary and Secondary Care Certification, experience in Underwater Navigation.
Junior Rescue Diver Information:
Minimum age 12 years
All elements of the Rescue Diver course must be completed to certify
10 & 11 year olds and parent or guardian must watch “Youth Diving: Responsibilities & Risks” before starting training
Under 18′s must have PADI release forms signed by a parent of guardian before starting training
Want to spend more of your vacation diving?
Sign up & do your PADI Rescue Diver theory online with eLearning!
With PADI eLearning do your Rescue theory before arriving in Costa Rica! When you arrive on vacation all you have left to do is the fun stuff… hands on techniques to manage dive related emergencies, in water skills practise and simulated scenarios of diving emergencies!
Pay $250 in country at Oceans Unlimited to complete your course in 2 days. There is a charge of $120 paid to PADI upon signing up for the course, this pays for you online training; the $250 charge is to complete your certification course at Oceans Unlimited in Costa Rica. Total cost is $370.
Sign up for the PADI Rescue Diver course online today!