The DSAT Tec Deep Diver course is designed to take you that extra step beyond recreational diving into technical diving. Once you complete your DSAT Tec Deep Diver course you will be able to conduct gas-switch extended no-decompression dives, decompression dives and accelerated decompression dives using both air and enriched air up to a maximum depth of 50 meters/165 feet. Course can be conducted in either back mounted twin tank set-up or now can also be conducted in sidemount.[one_half]
Throughout your course you will be learning and practicing a number of skills including technical equipment set up, neutral buoyancy control, removing and replacing your stage tanks both on the surface and underwater, gas shut down drills and other emergency drills.
During your course you will also be learning and understanding about the hazards and risks involved when you take part in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and deal with possible technical diving emergencies.[/one_half] [one_half_last][/one_half_last] [one_half]
Prerequisites for enrolling on the Tec Deep Diver:
– PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
– PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
– PADI Enriched Air Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
– PADI Deep Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
– A minimum of 100 logged dives of which 20 must be enriched air dives, 25 dives must be deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and at least 15 dives must be deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
– Minimum age: 18 years old
Equipment required to complete the course includes:
– Primary and secondary regulators, one with two meter/seven foot hose (approx.) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
– Regulator for deco cylinders SPG, mounting hardware. Two per diver will be required
– BCD and harness – with redundant buoyancy control is required e.g. double bladder BCD
– Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
– Timing device and backup timing device
– Decompression information (Table and deco calculator) as well as backup decompression information
– Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration
– Inflatable signal tube
– Lift bag
– Knife/cutting device and backup
Tec Deep Course Duration:
– Includes manual and rental of tanks, gas and weights
– Does not include equipment rental which is $15 to $30 a day depending on what equipment you need.
All equipment required for the Tec Deep course is available for rental at the center.
This course is available on demand, please enquire for details.